5 Top Tips for a Luxurious Weekend in St Mawes

At the start of February, Andy and I treated ourselves to a weekend break in beautiful St Mawes. It's a stunning setting for a weekend or long weekend trip, so in case you're looking for some short break inspiration or are thinking about booking a last minute luxurious Easter weekend break, I thought I'd share my top tips for a luxurious weekend in St Mawes.

1. Relax in front of the fire at The Idle Rocks...

I have to admit, we really didn't have the weather on our side when we visited Cornwall, so for us it was a weekend of indoor relaxation! After a lazy breakfast we loved sitting in front of the fire in the beautiful Idle Rocks Hotel with a glass of Cornish sparkling wine (or two!)



We watched the sea roll in in a stunning hotel that feels more like a family home than a hotel. In fact, this hotel is on my list to stay at when we return to St Mawes.


And so is their restaurant; we couldn't face leaving our house the weather was so bad on the Saturday evening so sadly I didn't get to tick this one off my list. Another reason to return, eh?!


2. Have breakfast at Hotel Tresanton


I've already told you about our gorgeous breakfast at Hotel Tresanton but I would absolutely go back. It's a set price for as many dishes as you'd like as well as access to the buffet. Even Andy was full after this breakfast!

I loved the Eggs Benedict, but Andy's full English and pancakes also went down a treat. 


3. Have lunch in the St Mawes Hotel

We had fully intended to visit the St Mawes Hotel for a Sunday roast, but that all changed when we saw the menu!

I adore lobster and really enjoy treating myself to it once in a while, and since we were on holiday...

Beautiful, thick chunks of garlic butter covered lobster served with fine chips was exactly what I wanted on a cold, wet Sunday afternoon.



Topped off with a dark chocolate brownie with raspberry coulis and sorbet...


It was a perfect end to the holiday.


And who can forget affogato: my favaourite dessert (as I mentioned at Theo Randall).

The roasts did also look incredible and were very generous portion sizes.


4. Stay at St Mawes Retreats

Take a group of friends, organise a university reunion or just plan to go away with your family for a few days. Whatever the occasion, St Mawes Retreats has some really beautiful luxury accommodation.


Fully kitted out with a fire that you'll never want to leave, board games and you can even hire a private chef for the evening.


It's the perfect spot for a serene weekend away.


5. Enjoy the great outdoors



Cornwall is such a stunning place that no weekend away here would be complete without a long walk, a picnic (if you have the weather!) and just enjoying the fresh air. Take a long walk along the coast, see the castle and just enjoy being out of London for a few days.



Previous Post Next Post