Scarlett Johansson Has Talked To Marvel Studios About A 'Black Widow' Film

Since her debut in Marvel Studios' Iron Man 2 back in 2010, Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow has gained quite the following. So much so that a lot wish for her character to get a solo standalone film in the future.

While the studios' plate is full for a couple of years, with films scheduled up until 2020, there have been indeed talks of a Black Widow standalone. Johansson, while speaking to Total Film, talked about some of the inside goings-on of the studio saying, “I’ve talked to Kevin Feige about it. We’re creatively really compatible.  I think we both agree that the character is right for a standalone, it’s just a case of timing at this point for both Marvel and myself.”

While all of this could come into fruition, there will be some obstacles in the way, Johansson explaining, “Marvel has a really huge roster. They’re looking four years ahead. I also have a lot of things that I want to do,” before adding, “If I did it, I would dedicate myself completely to making it amazing. It would have to be the best version that movie could possibly be. Otherwise, I would never do it.” 

But the actress feels that she might not be up for the task explaining, “[I] don’t know if I have the capacity for it. I think the fans were adamant about it, it could be done. It should be done, probably.” 

However if a film were to be made the mega-star has some ideas to go by, “It’d have to be done the right way, though. It’d really have to be its own standalone and its own style and its own story. But there’s a lot of great stuff that you could do with it. It could just be awesome.”

Scarlett Johansson will be seen in the upcoming Ghost in the Shell live-action adaption of the anime, which comes out March 31st 2017.

Source: Total Film
Previous Post Next Post