Laurence Fishburne Not To Appear In 'Justice League'; Discusses Zack Snyder

Laurence Fishburne is not stranger to playing opposite super-enhanced beings having played Neo's mentor, Morpheus, in The Matrix trilogy, voicing the Silver Surfer in Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer, and now more recently playing opposite Clark Kent aka Superman in the DC Films' Universe.

Some fans of his and his portrayal as Perry White, Editor-in-Chief of The Daily Planet, have been wondering if he will appear in the upcoming Zack Snyder-directed Justice League. Well now we have an answer, while speaking to LA Times during his John Wick: Chapter 2 press tour, Fishburne talked whether or not he will show up in the film.

"They asked me to come for a day, but I couldn’t work it out, schedule-wise," Fishburne explained. "And really, what do you need the newspaperman in “Justice League” for? You want to see the Flash. You want to see Aquaman. You want to see Wonder Woman. You want to see the Lantern.

"We’ve been waiting 35 years for these [characters] to show up on the screen. What were they doing over there? Marvel has been kicking their ass. This is the comic-book geek in me, who has a collection of comic books. I’ve been waiting to see these people on-screen forever."
 

The conversation then moved on to more recent affairs as Times asked what was Fishburne's reaction to the critical reception of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

"Look, I love what Zack Snyder does," Fishburne said. "Jesse Eisenberg, this little nebbish-y guy, as Lex Luthor? For me, that’s a genius move. And the whole thing with Martha Kent and Martha Wayne? I don’t know, man, I must be sentimental but that’s some heart-warming [stuff] to me. So I don’t get it."

Fishburne can be seen now in the Keanu Reeves-starring action film, John Wick: Chapter 2, in cinemas

Source: LA Times
Previous Post Next Post