Brie Larson On The Pressures Of Playing Marvel's First Superheroine To Lead A Film

Speaking to Total Film, Oscar Winning actress Brie Larson was asked about her upcoming venture into the superhero world of film. Larson back in July was confirmed to play Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel for Marvel Studios in her own solo film and others like Avengers: Infinity War - likely.

Larson was asked about having some big blockbuster films on the horizon, like Kong: Skull Island and of course Captain Marvel. "Some of my favourite movies are big movies," Larson explained. "I could just watch the director’s cuts of Lord Of The Rings on repeat for the rest of my life. I want to find the best way to express the human condition and get it to as many people as possible. Wherever that takes me is cool."

Moving on from that point of conversation, Larson was then asked about the pressure of playing Marvel's first female hero to lead her own film. "I feel a great responsibility," Larson said. "I have so many conversations with fans about the universe and this character in particular. I’m grateful for social media for that, actually – it’s such a great way to connect with people, to understand what it is they love about this character, what is it they hope to see. Where this character’s at in the comic books is such an inspiring space, right now. I’m so grateful to be part of it."

The film is written by screenwriters Meg LeFauve and Nicole Perlman, the studio is actively searching a female director to helm the project. Captain Marvel comes out March 8th, 2019.

Source: Total Film
Previous Post Next Post