'Supergirl' Star, Melissa Benoist Talks Season 2B, Playing The Iconic Role, And The DCEU

Melissa Benoist, star of the hit CW show, Supergirl, has been playing the main role for some time now and has become an icon and role model for many people. Recently she has been interviewed while promoting a film of hers, Patriots Day, she talked about her hopes for the show's future, playing the iconic role, and the tonal nature of both DC live-action universes.

On talking about her show, she was asked about another season of the show and how the show in general is going. "I really hope there’s a Season 3," Benoist said. "I have a good feeling about it. I don’t see why we wouldn’t. We’ve been having such a great time on Season 2 and have found a lot of traction with our stories and our voices. I think it fits in so well with “The Flash” and “Arrow” and “Legends of Tomorrow.” For the rest of this season (which debuted in October), what the writers have been doing really well is relating the show to a lot of things going on in our country right now and bringing up issues of equality. So I appreciate how every single character on our show just stands up for loving each other and sticking together, no matter where you come from, whatever your skin color, species, planet or sexuality — whatever it is, it doesn’t matter. You deserve love and can stand up for what’s right. So you’ll see a lot more of that."

She further talked about her own character, where Kara is going and so on. "I feel very fortunate in that I’ve gotten to do a lot of the things that I imagine I’d want to do playing this character," Benoist explained. "I love the way they’re going with how independent she is and how she just continues to get stronger and stronger. I love when a superhero is faced with a moral dilemma and they don’t know what the right decision is. I’d love to see more stories like that, and I think she’ll have them. I mean, Supergirl is very staunch about what she believes in, but it might not be for the greater good."

Lastly she was asked about if the tones of both the DC television universe and the DC Extended Universe will eventually be parallel with one another. "I think so," Benoist said. "Ezra Miller’s Flash is bringing humor and quirkiness, and the DC TV universe has had to grapple with some pretty dark, emotional storylines on “Arrow.” I do think it’s inevitable that we all start to reflect each other. But I do love how positive and uplifting “Supergirl’s” character is and I don’t think she will change too drastically from that, because in essence that’s just who she is."

Supergirl returns with new episode starting January 23rd on The CW at 8/7c.

Source: The Know
Previous Post Next Post