Jason Momoa Talks 'Aquaman'; Calls Zack Snyder A Genius

For those living under a rock for some time, Aquaman will have his own solo film, coming out next year, which will have Jason Momoa starring as the main protagonist, Arthur Curry.

Recently Momoa was interviewed by The Hollywood Reporter about his upcoming projects and talked a little about the Atlantean's film. “I’m having a solo movie, my standalone ‘Aquaman’ movie,” said Momoa. “I’m really pumped about it. I start in four or five months, so a little bit of rest and then back into it. ‘Justice League’ was amazing but it’s going to be fun to have the arc and talk about this guy’s backstory and where he’s going.”

He was also asked about some of the DC Films directors, Zack Snyder and James Wan, the former having being the director of Justice League while the latter is the helmer for Aquaman.

In describing Snyder with one word, Momoa said, "Genius."

For Wan though Momoa replied, “I haven’t worked with him yet. Sweet man, I’ve met him but I haven’t worked with him yet. I mean, he’s a man and he’s really cool.” 

You can watch the interview down below to also hear him talk about his new series Frontier.


Jason Momoa plays the titular role, Arthur Curry, he will be joined by Amber Heard as Mera, Patrick Wilson as Orm, and Willem Dafoe as Vulko. Aquaman is set for a October 5th, 2018 date directed by James Wan.

Source: THR
Previous Post Next Post